Healing Crisis Symptoms
Healing Crisis Symptoms:
Are You Experiencing It?
Healing crisis symptoms can often raise skepticism in patients doing any alternative healing. Though accepted by the holistic health community, most folks are not aware of why healing crisis happens and may panic thinking that their illness is getting worse and that the treatment is perceived to cause more harm.
The common reaction is:
- ”Has my treatment failed?”
- “Is the treatment inflicting more harm!?”
- “Should I stop the treatment?”
What Are The Healing Crisis Symptoms And Signs?
The most common complain is extreme tiredness or sleepiness. People also often experience emotions like anger or sorrow. Nevertheless, the signs and symptoms are often times identical to the illness itself. It can be anything like…
- Mucus discharge
- Skin eruptions
- Inflammation and pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bowel disturbances like diarrhea
- Aching muscles or joints
- Coated tongue
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Sore throat
- Mood swings
So if these symptoms are identical to the illness, how do you know if it is healing crisis or just the condition worsening?
True Indications Of A Crisis...
Often, healing crisis will come after you feel your very best and energized. In children, this may be 3 – 14 days. However in adults, it might take 3 months or more to work into a healing crisis.
When your symptoms feel worse over time, then you are sick. The symptoms are more than transient and more than mild. In your gut you don’t feel right.
- The crisis usually lasts between 1-3 days but on rare occasions can last several weeks if the patients’ energy is low.
- The crisis will usually bring about past conditions/ illnesses. These past conditions is usually forgotten by patients but reminded once again during the process.
- The symptoms tend to move from one part of the body to another, from inside out and from top to bottom.
- At the end of the crisis, you feel much better than before the healing crisis occurred.
- You are eating all the right things and up until healing crisis have had a good attitude.
- You are making changes in your lifestyle and are working on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of your life.
- You are mentally prepared to get through the healing.
- You may have just indulged yourself with some kind of bodywork – this sometimes triggers a healing crisis. This is a positive act.
Healing Crisis Is Good News
What you have to remember is that all these signs and symptoms of healing crisis is good news! It occurs when the vital forces within the body builds up enough strength to handle the healing process.
"After I did the healing, the pain has gone immediately to my great relief but a few days later it came back... Much to my disappointment. Then he told me I am going through healing crisis?"
Other Topics Of Interest
The healing crisis symptoms that you are experiencing is disturbing. Now that you know healing crisis is a good thing, what can you do?
These symptoms and signs indicate that our body is actually clearing toxins and impurities from our system for healing to get off the ground.